Save Time - Use eConsult
- A more convenient way to get help from your Surgery for your condition, symptoms or administrative requests.
- eConsult gives you the time to explain why you require an appointment and even attach a photograph for certain conditions.
- eConsults are completed online, 24 / 7, day or night - including weekends.
- The Practice will then decide how best to help you - you may not even have to visit the Surgery
- After you have submitted your eConsult request, you will receive an email acknowledgement and then the Practice will contact you to advice on what the next steps are.
What is eConsult?
eConsult is an online consultation service that allows patients to contact the practice to ask for medical help or advice, or for administrative requests, for free, 24/7. In the midst of self-isolation due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) eConsult allows patients to contact their GPs from home. For the majority of requests, the practice can help care for patients without the patient leaving their home. Please note: All identifiable patient medical data will pass straight to St Georges Crescent Surgery and eConsult will not have access to any of this information. Find out more on the eConsult website.
How does it work?
If you want to request anything from the practice, click on the eConsult banner on the practice website home page and select the right option for you. Fill out the online form, which asks similar questions to what a GP would ask during an appointment. St Georges Crescent Surgery then reviews every eConsult, and they will be able to decide on the right care for you. The practice will respond to every eConsult by the end of the next working day, if not sooner. If you need an appointment they will make sure you get one.
Please ensure that you are available to speak to the GP the day you submit the eConsult and possibly the day after, as due to time restrictions, we can only try to contact you on 2 occasions before then leaving a message for you to contact the Surgery.
You can watch a quick video on how eConsult works by clicking here
Why have we started using eConsult?
eConsult takes a detailed set of information about your symptoms or request, so we can look after patients based on their need, not who can get into the practice first, or ring the practice first. For many patients, this will mean they won’t have to come into the practice, helping to keep you, our patients, and our staff safe and healthy. There will always be patients that cannot use eConsult. However, if those that can use eConsult do, it means the practice can look after those that can’t too.
How do I upload a photograph?
Watch this video to find out how to do this.